Procedure for Halal Quality Certification (hereinafter Procedure) is used to determine the content and sequence of activities undertaken with the aim of proving the compliance of certain products and services with the requirements of Halal standards. Following the step of Procedure ensures the achievement of the required level of confidence in the halal status of products or services, and proper application of the requirements for quality. Responsibility for implementing of this Procedure belongs to the Agency, an organization that is subject of certification, and persons participating in the implementation of certain activities.
The procedure is part of the Halal Quality Certification Scheme and is administered in combination with the other documents of this Scheme.
This procedure is applied in the fields of production and trade of halal products and services for which there are defined requirements in the halal standard and other normative acts that specify the requirements for halal products or services.
For proper applying the provisions of this Procedure it is necessary to follow the specifications of other reference documents referred to below. For dated references, only the edition cited applies. For references without that year, the latest edition of the referenced document applies, including its amendments.
a) BAS Halal standard 1049:2010 - Halal food – requirements and measure
b) OIC/SMIIC 2: 2011 - Guidelines for bodies providing halal certification
c) UAE.S 2055-2:2014 OIC/SMIIC 2: 2011 - Halal products - Part two: General Requirements for Halal Certification Bodies
d) ISO/IEC 17065:2012, Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services
e) ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 - Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems — Part 1: Requirements
Term and definitions
For the purposes of this document, the terms and definitions given in BAS 1049, OIC/ SMIIC 1, OIC/ SMIIC 2, ISO/IEC 17021, ISO/IEC 17065, ISO/IEC 17000 and the following apply.
Agency for Halal Quality Certification conducts process of halal certification according to Procedure of Halal Certification, which is the same for all organizations who decide that their products meet the requirements of halal quality and thus be allowed Muslims to consume.
PROCEDURE FOR HALAL CERTIFICATIONPROCEDURE FOR HALAL CERTIFICATION
1. Client applies for halal certification and submits to the Agency the documents proving that operates in accordance with the law regulations and that can meet the requirements of halal standard
2. The Agency and the client sign a halal certification contract
3. The Agency educates internal auditors of the halal quality of the company in order to know what they should do to ensure that their products are halal certified
4. Client documents and adapts all raw materials, materials and production processes to the requirements of the halal standard
5. The Agency checks whether the client has met the requirements of halal standards
6. After it has been established that the client has fulfilled the requirements of halal standards, the Agency issues halal certificate
After issuing Halal Certificate, the Agency monitors and controls the products and facilities in the companies through announced and unannounced audits and laboratory analysis.
The completed application forms should be submitted to e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for Halal certificationDownload
List of ingredinets and productsDownload
Categories of halal products and servicesDownload